Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCEL006, 'Interview clients and plan marriage ceremonies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Interview clients and plan marriage ceremonies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Assess eligibility of clients to marry under Australian law
1.1 Obtain information from the couple that informs assessment of eligibility of a couple to marry
1.2 Obtain documentation to be sighted by the celebrant according to profile and age of the couple
1.3 Identify situations beyond scope of own current knowledge and use authoritative sources of celebrancy advice and guidance
1.4 Identify situations where services of translator or interpreter may be required, advise couple, and take action accordingly
1.5 Confirm for the couple whether the couple may marry under Australian law
2. Provide information on legal documentation requirements
2.1 Explain documentation requirements and processes to marrying couples, including systems and processes to ensure privacy of marrying couples' records
2.2 Discuss with the couple options for presentation of documentation other than legal documentation and agree on format and style of presentation
3. Provide information about relationship services
3.1 Explain the purpose of the marriage celebrant's obligation to provide information about family relationship services under section 39G of the Marriage Act 1961
3.2 Provide marrying couples with information about availability of relationship education services in accordance with the Code of Practice
3.3 Maintain current information about family relationship services and local support services
4. Assist couple to plan marriage ceremony within legal requirements
4.1 Explain legal requirements of marriage ceremony to clients and/or potential marrying couples and respond to situations posing potential legal challenges using authoritative sources
4.2 Provide marriage ceremony advice to couple about legal requirements of marriage regulations, the Code of Practice and other relevant legislation
4.3 Offer the couple presentable and well maintained marriage ceremony resources
4.4 Offer practical assistance with ceremony planning in accordance with agreed scope of services and Code of Practice
4.5 Provide advice and assistance on marriage ceremony planning that is suited to the purpose and significance of the marriage ceremony, values, ideals and social and cultural contexts
4.6 Identify with the couple whether rehearsal is needed and support rehearsal planning and conduct
4.7 Ensure that civil ceremony vows are written in accordance with legislative requirements in section 45(2) and that legislative requirements of section 46 of the Marriage Act will be met
4.8 Ensure that religious marriage ceremony has the approval of the relevant authority and that the words from section 46 of the Marriage Act will be included where Commonwealth-registered marriage celebrant is conducting the marriage ceremony
5. Complete pre-marriage documentation
5.1 Obtain and/or prepare marriage stationery as agreed with couple and in accordance with the legal requirements
5.2 Sight documentation required by the Marriage Act prior to solemnisation of the marriage
5.3 Review all required documentation and ensure it is accurately completed for signing