Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCH428A, 'Work effectively within the Australian housing system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work effectively within the Australian housing system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Develop an understanding of the Australian housing system
1.1 Work with knowledge of the context within which the system of housing has developed in Australia
1.2 Apply knowledge of different levels of government and their role in the housing system
1.3 Maintain an understanding of current factors which impact on the provision of housing
1.4 Maintain awareness of ongoing changes over time in the Australian housing system and associated issues
1.5 Develop understanding of different consumers, their needs, complex issues and types of solutions available to address these needs and issues
2. Apply understanding of different types of tenure
2.1 Work with understanding of the levels of different types of tenures
2.2 Develop specialised knowledge of tenures in fields in which you work
2.3 Develop and apply knowledge of key stakeholders in these fields
2.4 Demonstrate an understanding of mix of tenures in geographic area in own work area
3. Apply understanding of private rental system
3.1 Work with understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements applying to the private rental sector
3.2 Develop and apply knowledge of common rental and leasing agreements and financing arrangements for rental properties
3.3 Develop and apply knowledge of management arrangements for rental properties
3.4 Develop and apply understanding of private rental sector stakeholder issues
4. Provide assistance to clients with housing issues
4.1 Apply knowledge of key agencies to provide referrals
4.2 Provide advice and assistance on housing options
4.3 Provide assistance to maintain tenancies
4.4 Demonstrate commitment to access and equityprinciples within the Australian housing system