Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCM402E, 'Establish and monitor a case plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish and monitor a case plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Develop a case management plan
1.1 Assess client needs in accordance with organisation procedures
1.2 Collect information on a range of suitable interventions to address immediate, short and longer term needs of clients
1.3 Undertake appropriate consultation with stakeholders to ensure issues and options for their resolution are explored thoroughly
1.4 Negotiate and agree common goals, objectives and processes with clients and stakeholders to ensure needs are addressed with statutory and organisation frameworks
1.5 Explore a full range of options for addressing client and stakeholder needs and include in case management plan
1.6 Ensure processes for monitoring achievement of goals, timeframes and resourcing are agreed in the planning stage
1.7 Define roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for clients, stakeholders, workers and service providers
1.8 Negotiate and agree processes for appeal and for the termination and/or renegotiation of intervention and include in the plan
1.9 Identify relevant family, community, cultural and ideological considerations and address in the case plan
2. Define plan implementation procedures
2.1 Implement practical arrangements to support clients and stakeholders
2.2 Define negotiable and non negotiable aspects of the intervention and implement processes to ensure they are maintained
2.3 Negotiate and agree ongoing case management processes with clients and stakeholders
2.4 Where appropriate, develop and agree contracts with external service providers and accurately reflect timing and resourcing constraints
2.5 Implement procedures to ensure information sharing between key stakeholders is facilitated
2.6 Implement procedures to ensure progress of specialist client service delivery is monitored in accordance with agreed procedures, against defined performance indicators
2.7 Define, and implement where necessary, procedures to deal with crisis situations
3. Establish review and evaluation systems
3.1 Negotiate case plan with supervisor
3.2 Set up appropriate evaluation processes for ongoing implementation of the plan
3.3 Complete all relevant reporting procedures in accordance with organisation requirements