Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCM504D, 'Promote high quality case management'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote high quality case management' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Provide a lead in case management practice
1.1 Implement appropriate strategies to ensure currency with accepted best practice and relevant legislation
1.2 Where appropriate, provide practice advice and direction consistent with organisation service and professional standards
1.3 Challenge and support worker to ensure casework plans and actions are based on organisation procedures, practices and legislative requirements
1.4 Implement strategies to ensure worker has ready access to casework consultation with other workers to maximise their effectiveness
1.5 Access and apply specialist practice knowledge in the workplace and provide coaching and mentoring to staff to optimise competent practice
1.6 Advise worker on the full range of legislative provisions relevant to case management, and worker and organisation responsibilities
2. Provide practice advice on complex cases
2.1 Thoroughly analyse and assess case management plans and feedback on their implementation and provide expert advice on options for actions and further development
2.2 Provide workers with information on organisation processes for collecting information from key stakeholders to ensure more effective operation
2.3 Routinely provided workers with information about relevant legislation and any changes in organisation practices and procedures to promote consistency and quality in practice
2.4 Routinely monitor progress on case plan and make changes as required to enable improved service delivery
2.5 Implement strategies to ensure appropriate stakeholders are consulted about specialist information and options for future action