Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCS308B, 'Provide first point of contact'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide first point of contact' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Greet and observe client
1.1 Listen to and acknowledge client in a pleasant and accepting way
1.2 Respond to distressed people in a relaxed and calm manner
1.3 Report observations about client to appropriate person/s within the organisation
2. Collect routine information from the client
2.1 Collect and document identifying information in accordance with organisation procedures
2.2 Discuss reasons for contact with the service with client in accordance with organisation procedures
2.3 Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with organisation policies and procedures
2.4 Explain and observe client rights and responsibilities in accordance with organisation policy
3. Identify priority of need for service
3.1 Refer client to appropriate persons according to urgency and nature of need and organisation guidelines
3.2 Assess personal safety of self, client and others in accordance with organisation procedures and policies and within own role
3.3 Seek assistance as appropriate
4. Provideinformation to clients about the service and other relevant services
4.1 Provide client with current, relevant and culturally appropriate information on the service and other relevant services and what each provides
4.2 Assist clients to contact other agencies/services as appropriate to obtain further information