Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCS314B, 'Deliver services to meet personal needs of clients'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Deliver services to meet personal needs of clients' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Assess client needs to ensure they can be met
1.1 Use appropriate language and interpersonal skills to ensure the diverse needs of clients are identified
1.2 Employ appropriate mechanisms to ensure that all relevant client information is collected
1.3 Seek additional information from specialists as required to assist in assessment of clients
1.4 Ensure all dealings with clients are consistent with organisation standards and practices
1.5 Record and store information collected in accordance with organisation procedures
1.6 Document information about client needs in accordance with accepted organisation procedures to enable professional decisions about provision of relevant services to best address client needs
1.7 Assess client information for complexity, urgency and eligibility to identify priorities for service delivery
1.8 Provide clients with all relevant information about the range of services required and available to them
1.9 Base decisions about client needs on full range of available relevant information
2. Identify and provide for the delivery of services to meet client needs
2.1 Identify services which match to client needs from within and outside the organisation
2.2 Establish and maintain relevant networks to ensure referral of clients to appropriate services
2.3 Assist clients to access targeted services from within and outside the organisation
2.4 Provide clients with information about the services available to them in accordance with organisation procedures
2.5 Work within scope of responsibility, to ensure clients have access to services that meet their needs
2.6 Ensure decisions about targeting client services are based on up to date information about the client and available services
2.7 Identify own limitations in assessing and addressing client needs and, where appropriate, seek assistance from colleagues, senior staff and experts in the area
2.8 Make appropriate referrals to specialist services based on the assessment of client needs