Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCDIS008, 'Facilitate community participation and social inclusion'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Facilitate community participation and social inclusion' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Support person to identify and engage in social networks within the broad community
1.1 Work with the person with disability to identify their strengths, interests, abilities and support requirements so they may engage with a social network within the broad community
1.2 Research, identify and network with relevant services to explore community inclusion opportunities for the client
1.3 Match relevant services and networks to the needs of the person, taking into account their cultural and individual differences
1.4 Work with the person to actively engage in a social network and identify any supports they may need
1.5 Work with the person to identify any possible barriers to participation and inclusion and develop strategies to overcome these
1.6 Identify and access appropriate resources according to organisation policy and protocols
1.7 Provide information about options available to the person with disability, family and/or carer and/or relevant other
2. Assist person and relevant others to develop and implement a community support plan as part of the individualised plan
2.1 Support person to develop an individualised plan to participate in the community, including all necessary supports required for maximum participation
2.2 Assist person to establish their requirements in order to maximise their participation in neighbourhood and local community life
2.3 Assist the person to identify and access community options as identified in the individualised plan
2.4 Facilitate access to opportunities that establish connections through shared interests with other community members in line with funding, budgetary or financial requirements
2.5 Assist person and their family and/or carer and/or relevant other to select activities that will enhance inclusion
2.6 Support other workers to implement the individualised plan according to requirements of the plan
3. Develop strategies to minimise isolation for person with disability
3.1 Identify support requirements and modifications needed for devices, aids and environment and develop strategies to deal with these in conjunction with the person, their family and/or carer and/or relevant other
3.2 Identify support or devices required to assist with communication
3.3 Determine physical barriers to participation and identify solutions with the person with disability
3.4 Recognise own limitations in addressing issues and seek advice when necessary
3.5 Identify and assess barriers to communication and social participation caused by cognitive deficits and develop solutions
3.6 Discuss travel and transport issues with the person and identify strategies to address these
3.7 Put in place processes to evaluate and ensure ongoing success of strategies
4. Determine risks associated with supporting community participation and inclusion
4.1 Conduct location or activity risk assessment specific to the personâ€™s circumstances
4.2 Discuss elements of risk with the person and appropriate others
4.3 Work with the person and appropriate others to identify and develop strategies to remove or reduce risk