Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCDIS400C, 'Provide care and support'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide care and support' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Establish and maintain an appropriate relationship with people with disabilities
1.1 Ensure all dealings with people with disabilities aim to generate a trusting relationship, and include protecting confidentiality, privacy, individual choice and decision-making
1.2 Demonstrate respect for individual differences in all dealings with people with disabilities
1.3 Demonstrate support for the interests, rights and decision-making of people with disabilities in all dealings
2. Provide appropriate support to people with disabilities
2.1 Support people with disabilities in accordance with their needs, rights and self determination
2.2 Assist people with disabilities according to organisation guidelines
2.3 Support people with disabilities to meet their cultural needs
2.4 Seek assistance when it is not possible to provide appropriate support to people with disabilities
3. Assist in maintaining an environment that enables maximum independent living
3.1 Plan all support for people with disabilities to enable them to direct their own care where appropriate, within organisation procedures
3.2 Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment, including minimising physical dangers and risks
3.3 Support people with disabilities to maintain a clean and comfortable environment
3.4 Respond to situations of risk to health and safety in accordance with organisation procedures