Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCDIV001, 'Work with diverse people'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work with diverse people' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element
1. Reflect on own perspectives
1.1 Identify and reflect on own social and cultural perspectives and biases
1.2 Work with awareness of own limitations in self and social awareness
1.3 Use reflection to support own ability to work inclusively and with understanding of others
1.4 Identify and act on ways to improve own self and social awareness
2. Appreciate diversity and inclusiveness, and their benefits
2.1 Value and respect diversity and inclusiveness across all areas of work
2.2 Contribute to the development of work place and professional relationships based on appreciation of diversity and inclusiveness
2.3 Use work practices that make environments safe for all
3. Communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and situations
3.1 Show respect for diversity in communication with all people
3.2 Use verbal and non-verbal communication constructively to establish, develop and maintain effective relationships, mutual trust and confidence
3.3 Where a language barrier exists, use effective strategies to communicate in the most efficient way possible
3.4 Seek assistance from interpreters or other persons according to communication needs
4. Promote understanding across diverse groups
4.1 Identify issues that may cause communication misunderstandings or other difficulties
4.2 Where difficulties or misunderstandings occur, consider the impact of social and cultural diversity
4.3 Make an effort to sensitively resolve differences, taking account of diversity considerations
4.4 Address any difficulties with appropriate people and seek assistance when required