Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCEDS024, 'Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Contribute to a positive education environment
1.1 Access and clarify organisation policies and legislation relating to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education with relevant personnel
1.2 Build positive relationships that value diversity through all interactions with students
1.3 Identify and consult with appropriate persons to obtain knowledge of local region and cultural identity
1.4 Contribute to the planning and inclusion of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander contexts in education programs and the learning environment
2. Support community engagement
2.1 Access community resources and personnel in a culturally appropriate way which shows respect for local culture and customs
2.2 Invite community members to contribute personally and/or through provision of resources to education programs
2.3 Negotiate with community members regarding approaches to provision of pastoral care initiatives ensuring the inclusion of appropriate personnel
3. Support the cultural identity of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students
3.1 Develop own skills and knowledge to enhance interactions with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students
3.2 Support the management of information in a culturally appropriate manner, including identification of how and with whom information can be shared
3.3 Provide opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students to share local context and cultural knowledge
3.4 Use cultural diversity to enhance education opportunities for all students
4. Support literacy and numeracy strategies
4.1 Select and where necessary contextualise literacy and numeracy resources to create meaningful learning experiences in consultation with the teacher
4.2 Support the management of literacy and numeracy program resources and personnel
4.3 Select delivery and communication strategies in consultation with the teacher
4.4 Obtain advice to identify barriers to learning and to develop strategies that match the studentsâ€™ learning needs