Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCFC520C, 'Promote ethical understanding of children'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote ethical understanding of children' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Assist children to consider the consequences of their actions
1.1 Prompt children to consider potential impacts as well as consequences that are observable
1.2 Consider with children short term and longer term impacts
2. Assist children to make decisions about the fairness of their actions
2.1 Encourage children to explore a range of responses to a situation
2.2 Encourage children to consider a range of reasons underlying their actions
3. Respond to children's questions about issues and principles
3.1 Ensure communication about values and moral issues is appropriate to child's family and cultural background
3.2 Ensure communication about values is in line with philosophy and guidelines of the service
3.3 Discuss with children issues that require a moral/ ethical response
3.4 Discuss with children examples of children responding to ethical issues in different ways
4. Assist children to develop their role as members of a community
4.1 Encourage children to voice their views in a range of forums relevant to an issue
4.2 Encourage children to participate in decision-making forums
4.3 Develop, select, implement and review practical strategies with children
4.4 Develop opportunities for children to contribute to community events
4.5 Develop opportunities where children can provide genuine assistance to others