Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCLD515A, 'Analyse client information for service planning and delivery'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Analyse client information for service planning and delivery' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Analyse available client information
1.1 Analyse client information in relation to planning services and in line with organisation requirements
1.2 Recognise normal readings on the findings of available tests, observations and assessments that assist in determining client status within scope of work role
1.3 Use comprehensive knowledge to identify significant variations from the norm through observation and analysis of associated available information
1.4 Use detailed knowledge to analyse information that may indicate specific social, psychological and/or developmental issues for the client
1.5 Identify the likely impact of specific interventions
2. Plan action/s to address client developmental status and identified issues
2.1 Apply detailed knowledge of human development across the lifespan to take a problem solving approach to plan services to reflect identified developmental status and address needs
2.2 Consider and note implications of any contra-indications in relation to analysis of client information in relation to planned service delivery
2.3 Document action plan within scope of work role and in line with organisation policies and procedures
3. Implement services
3.1 Make informed decisions to implement the action plan based on in-depth knowledge and detailed analysis of available client information in relation to specific services to be provided
3.2 Provide services in accordance with the action plan, organisation policies and procedures and occupational health and safety requirements
3.3 Maintain current, complete, accurate and relevant records for each client contact as required by the organisation
3.4 Monitor impact of services in line with scope of own work role and organisation policies and procedures