Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCMHS001, 'Work with people with mental health issues'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work with people with mental health issues' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Establish respectful relationships with people with mental health issues
1.1 Communicate in a way that develops and maintains respect, hope, trust and self-direction
1.2 Work in a way that reflects and prioritises the personâ€™s right to self define and direct their own recovery
1.3 Recognise and respect the personâ€™s social, cultural and spiritual differences
1.4 Support the person to understand and exercise their rights
1.5 Maintain confidentiality and privacy of the person within organisation policy and protocols
2. Determine the needs of people with mental health issues
2.1 Gather and interpret information about the personâ€™s needs from the person and other agreed sources
2.2 Identify and discuss with the person services and strategies that support empowerment and recovery
2.3 Support the person to express their own identity and preferences and avoid imposing own values and attitudes
2.4 Identify duty of care and dignity of risk considerations in collaboration with the person
3. Work with people with mental health issues to meet aspirations and needs
3.1 Provide support that facilitates progress towards the personâ€™s goals in collaboration with the person and their care network
3.2 Work in ways that uphold the personâ€™s rights
3.3 Adapt service delivery within organisation policies and procedures to meet the personâ€™s specific needs and requirements
3.4 Document interactions and services according to organisation policy and procedures
3.5 Respond promptly and supportively to people experiencing distress or crisis
3.6 Work within the limits of own knowledge, abilities and work role and make referrals to other services as indicated by the personâ€™s needs