Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Develop new networks'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCNET503C, 'Develop new networks'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop new networks' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Look for relevant questions and answers about the subject on Yahoo. Again, this was an automated process, and some of the results are a bit odd. I'm still undecided about how useful this function is, so I'll be tinkering with it for a while yet.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Develop and maintain appropriate networks
1.1 Identify and prioritise organisation, professional and individual networking needs and established new networks as required to meet client needs and organisation objectives
1.2 Incorporate significant cultural practices, needs and traditions into the networking strategy and its development
1.3 Implement strategies to develop effective new networks in consultation with key people and in accordance with organisation objectives
1.4 Make available information about new network to other staff and others as appropriate
1.5 Develop and implement processes for engaging relevant community members to collect and disseminate information as appropriate to ensure effective operation of the network
2. Reflect social and cultural awareness in developing and maintaining networks
2.1 Identify potential discrimination or culturally based obstacles to effective networks and develop and implement strategies to avoid them
2.2 Value cultural difference and diversity as a resource in networks and integrate into practices, relationships and strategies where relevant
2.3 Where individual relationships interfere with the effective operation of networks, take timely remedial action in accordance with organisation procedures, to ensure maximum benefit to clients
2.4 Regularly evaluate effectiveness and relevance of networks against organisation goals and client needs in consultation with key people, and modify appropriately as necessary
2.5 In evaluating effectiveness of networks, consider issues related to cultural expectations, client needs and organisation's philosophy