Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCORG621C, 'Act as a resource to other services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Act as a resource to other services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify needs/issues in consultation with the service
1.1 Consult all relevant people/stakeholders to identify main issues and relevant information
1.2 Identify different perceptions about issues
1.3 Identify contextual pressures, restraints and resources relevant to issues
1.4 Identify areas of common understanding
2. Provide information and advice
2.1 Develop appropriate and relevant information materials and provide in suitable formats and a timely manner to address issues and needs of services
2.2 Organise and facilitate meetings
2.3 Appropriately safeguard and develop the confidence of workers in the services
2.4 Recommend alternative processes/structures to improve the service
2.5 Develop and communicate innovative models for service delivery
2.6 Identify and recommend services which can offer additional advice or information
2.7 Provide appropriate information to extend people's awareness of potential outcomes and strategies
3. Develop and implement models and strategies, in consultation with the service
3.1 Discuss a range of options and develop an action plan with relevant people
3.2 Include in plan a process for review and follow up
3.3 Implement strategies with service personnel as requested and needed
3.4 Identify resources to implement the action plan and support the service to gain them
3.5 Provide demonstrations as required to assist implementation of new approaches
3.6 Provide appropriate support coaching to develop necessary competence
3.7 Undertake mediation and negotiation as required to assist in resolving any conflict