Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCPOL504B, 'Develop and implement policy'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement policy' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Research and consult with others to develop policies
1.1 Evaluate existing organisation, government and other policies relevant to issue to determine their currency and relevance for organisation and its clients
1.2 Undertake appropriate research and consultation to contribute to policy development and document in accordance with organisation policies and procedures
1.3 Consult relevant stakeholders throughout policy development process to ensure relevance and acceptance of the product
1.4 Provide appropriate mechanisms to facilitate open constructive discussion about policy issues and their possible resolution
1.5 Develop policies that reflect the culture, values and objectives of the organisation
1.6 Ensure policies include implications for resourcing implementation and review mechanisms
2. Test draft policies
2.1 Develop an appropriate consultation plan and implement to test and review draft policies
2.2 Discuss policy implementation issues, including monitoring and evaluation processes, with relevant personnel and modify policy as appropriate
2.3 Notify those affected by changes to policies in time to take remedial action
3. Develop policy materials
3.1 Prepare policy materials in a format and style to facilitate understanding and implementation of the policy
3.2 Develop policy proposals that acknowledge a range of sources, interest groups and applications
4. Implement and review policies
4.1 Develop and follow policy implementation plan maximise impact of new and revised policies
4.2 Develop and utilise strategies to ensure wide dissemination of policy information
4.3 Develop and implement evaluation plan to ensure ongoing review of policies and maximise input from clients and stakeholders
4.4 Review policies in accordance with organisation policies and procedures
4.5 Promote policies relevant to the organisation's operation to key clients and stakeholders in an appropriate manner utilising a range of strategies
4.6 Utilise feedback received during marketing and promotion to review policies