Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCYTH402B, 'Work effectively with young people in the youth work context'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work effectively with young people in the youth work context' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Apply understanding of the social, historical, economic, legal and political contexts of young people
1.1 Assess and respond to the needs of young people within the context of their experiences
1.2 Research, analyse and maintain up to date knowledge and awareness of the social, political , economic and legal contexts of young people
1.3 Research, analyse and apply understanding of youth policy in practices of youth work
1.4 Apply understanding of the historical and cultural constructs of youth and the changing context of young people
2. Apply understanding of the context of youth work
2.1 Apply knowledge of youth contexts to youth work practice
2.2 Identify legal frameworks which impact on context of youth work
2.3 Research, maintain and apply models and frameworks of youth work in a variety of youth work contexts
2.4 Develop a comprehensive understanding of the youth sector
3. Work within the core values and practice frameworks of youth work
3.1 Assess core youth work practice values to ensure supports and interventions are young person-centred
3.2 Apply practice frameworks to maximise support for the young person as a unique individual
3.3 Demonstrate support for the young person's rights and safety including access and equity of services
4. Work with understanding of the impact of values in determining the approach to working with young people
4.1 Identify, and reflect on own values and experiences which may impact on approaches to youth work
4.2 Work with awareness of organisation values
4.3 Match interventions and supports appropriate to the young persons own values