Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCCBS8006, 'Manage building approval processes for all building types'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage building approval processes for all building types' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Prepare for building approval processes.
Service agreements or council policy statement on service provision relating to the assessment of building approval application are discussed and agreed with clients and scope of service is confirmed.
Nature and scope of building approval application are reviewed and delegated to appropriately qualified staff where necessary.
Proposed development site is inspected, where necessary, to assist in understanding the nature of the development and potential impact on surrounding environment and structures.
Staff are guided where necessary to ensure relevant legislation, codes and regulations are accessed and researched for compliance requirements relevant to proposed building application.
Monitor adherence of building application to administrative requirements.
Building application documentation is reviewed for accuracy, currency and completeness according to legislative and regulatory requirements.
Documentation is assessed for compliance, and requests for additional information are managed in a timely manner.
Objections to building works from affected stakeholders are handled professionally and ethically according to workplace procedures and as required.
Work undertaken by support staff is monitored for accuracy and completion within required timeframes according to statutory and workplace requirements.
Collate and analyse building approval application documentation.
Original planning permit is obtained and assessed for relevant planning conditions and validity.
Documentation is assessed for compliance with building codes and legislation, and areas of non-compliance are documented for further investigation.
Compliance requirements for BCA class and type of building are identified, researched and recorded.
Specialist consultants are liaised with where necessary to provide expert advice on compliance across relevant areas of technical expertise.
Reports provided by specialist consultants, including proposed alternative solutions to address areas of non-compliance, are reviewed.
Service authorities are consulted where necessary to obtain relevant consent to undertake proposed works.
Court orders are obtained, where necessary, providing permission to build.
Manage areas of non-compliance
Areas of non-compliance are reported to client and alternative solutions are provided to ensure building application is compliant and meets client requirements.
Applications for report and consent dispensations are completed and managed on behalf of client where necessary.
Manage stakeholder communications.
Liaison with other relevant building surveyors is established and the potential impact of any building permit decisions are shared and communicated with relevant building surveyors where necessary.
Objections to proposed variations received from client or other stakeholders are managed according to workplace procedures.
Client sign-off against proposed building approval and any conditions is obtained and filed for audit purposes.
Manage finalisation of the building approval application.
Final review and cross-check of all documentation and consents received are conducted to ensure accuracy of building approval.
Building permit conditions are written and reviewed to ensure clarity and compliance with relevant planning schemes, regulations, legislation and the BCA.
Building permit is lodged with relevant statutory authorities and is monitored to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Documentation in support of the building permit application and final building permit is stored and filed according to workplace procedures, and copy is sent to client.