Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCCBS8011, 'Assess and advise on performance-based solutions for all types of buildings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assess and advise on performance-based solutions for all types of buildings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Develop a performance-based solutions information system.
Regulatory intent of performance-based solutions is interpreted and documented.
Sources of information on the interpretation of NCC performance requirements are researched and evaluated and processes are put in place to maintain currency of information.
Network of technical experts qualified to advise on performance-based solutions for different aspects of construction and types of buildings is developed and contact details are maintained.
Detailed information on innovative performance-based solutions for different aspects of construction and types of buildings, and the documentation required for certification, are gathered, analysed and documented.
Information system is maintained to ensure accuracy and currency of data.
Determine building surveying service requirements.
Scope and limitations of building surveyor role in relation to advising on or certifying performance-based solutions are determined.
Architectural drawings and specifications are obtained and performance-based solutions to be advised on or certified are identified.
Requirement for performance-based solution is clarified and discussed with development team, as required.
Service level agreements and budgets are negotiated with clients in the case of building surveyors providing an advisory service.
Process for applying for assessment of performance-based solutions is clarified with clients in the case of building surveyors acting in a statutory role.
Manage building surveyors assessing or advising on performance-based solutions for buildings up to three storeys.
Project management strategies are implemented to plan and manage services involving assessing or advising on performance-based solutions to ensure completion within specified timeframes.
Tasks are allocated in the department or practice according to expertise and availability of personnel, and specialist consultants are engaged and briefed as required.
Advice on interpretation of NCC performance requirements or selection of verification methods is provided to building surveying team as required.
Verification documentation is reviewed and analysed as required.
Information updates on performance-based solutions are prepared and presented to the building surveying team.
Determine assessment requirements for performance- based solutions for buildings over three storeys.
NCC performance requirements and specifications for the material, form of construction or design of performance-based solution are interpreted and confirmed.
NCC assessment methods that may be applied to performance-based solution are determined and evaluated.
Requirements for services of technical experts qualified to provide evidence or expert judgement in relation to the performance-based solution are determined and negotiated with clients, as required.
Analyse performance-based solutions for buildings over three storeys.
Analysis of performance-based solution is discussed with colleagues and relevant technical experts.
Principles of fire safety engineering are
Design principles are applied to analysis of compliance of performance-based solutions for structural safety, health, amenity and sustainability.
Strengths and weaknesses of performance-based solution are determined.
Assessment methods required to verify performance-based solution are determined.
Advise on performance-based solutions for buildings over three storeys.
Assessment requirements for performance-based solution are explained to, and discussed with, clients.
Strengths and weaknesses of proposed performance-based solutions are evaluated and discussed with clients.
Optional performance-based solutions are developed and discussed with clients.
Client is advised and assisted in selecting preferred performance-based solution.
Verification requirements and evidence or expert judgment to support performance-based solutions are evaluated and explained to clients.
Documentation for performance-based solution is gathered and prepared for submission for assessment.
Assess compliance of performance-based solutions for buildings over three storeys.
Documentation for performance-based solution is reviewed for completeness and requests are made for further information, as required.
Verification information supplied to support performance-based solution is analysed and evaluated.
Evidence or expert judgment to support performance-based solution is analysed and evaluated.
Compliance of performance-based solution is determined and documented according to regulatory requirements.
Documentation is processed and client is notified according to legislative and regulatory requirements.