Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCCDE3023A, 'Operate skid steer loaders at ground level on demolition sites'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate skid steer loaders at ground level on demolition sites' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare.
Compliance requirements relevant to skid steer loader operations are accessed, interpreted and applied.
Work instructions are obtained from relevant information, confirmed with team members and other relevant personnel, and applied to planning and preparation.
Work health and safety (WHS) requirements are identified and applied to task planning according to safety plans and policies.
Environmental requirements are identified for the project according to environmental plans and regulatory obligations.
Maintenance tools and equipment are checked for serviceability, and faults are reported or rectified.
Skid steer loader pre-start, start-up, park and shut-down operational checks are conducted according to manufacturer recommendations.
Skid steer loader controls and functions are checked for serviceability, and faults are rectified and reported.
Select, check and fit attachments.
Skid steer loader attachments are selected to carry out tasks, consistent with job requirements.
Attachments and connections are checked for excessive wear, and replaced and reported as required.
Attachments are securely fitted according to safe work method, and safety pins or clips are fitted according to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements.
Hydraulic components are checked and faults are rectified or components replaced, and reported.
Operation of hydraulic system is tested before applying load according to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements.
Attachment operation is tested by raising and lowering attachment and attachment is locked in raised position for travel according to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements.
Attachments are removed, cleaned and stored according to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements.
Prepare demolition site.
Requirements of site demolition plan are determined and discussed with team members according to workplace procedures.
Site inspection is conducted to determine condition of work site and surrounds before work begins, and safe work method statement is amended and approved as required.
Confirmation is obtained from supervisor and regulatory authorities that all existing above and below ground services have been disconnected.
Hazardous material is identified for separate handling according to workplace requirements and instructions.
Mechanical equipment and plant are positioned in operating locations and appropriate exclusion zone and traffic control are arranged.
Operate skid steer loader for demolition process.
Skid steer loader general operating techniques are identified and applied to achieve optimum output according to manufacturer design specifications, while achieving specified tolerances.
Site hazards associated with skid steer loader demolition operations are identified and safe operating techniques are followed to minimise risks.
Skid steer loader is moved safely between work locations, observing relevant codes and traffic management requirements.
Control measures are implemented to manage hazards arising from demolition process according to the demolition plan, safe work methods and regulatory requirements.
Demolition tasks are assessed immediately prior to starting and safe work method statement is reviewed to incorporate management of previously undiscovered hazards.
Skid steer loader is operated at ground level to remove demolition debris using suitable attachments according to approved demolition plan and current safe work method.
Communication is maintained with team members, during the demolition process.
Work site conditions and progress are monitored in consultation with team members and work is stopped or techniques adjusted as required, according to workplace requirements.
Carry out machine operator inspection and maintenance tasks.
Skid steer loader is safely parked and shut down, and attachments are removed.
Skid steer loader is inspected for faults and defective parts are removed and replaced according to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements.
Regular programmed operator maintenance tasks are conducted according to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements.
Work area is cleared and materials and waste are sorted and located for removal, as required, according to site demolition project environmental management plan.
Maintenance tools and equipment are cleaned, checked, maintained and stored.