Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCCJS3004A, 'Manufacture and install continuous handrailing and special stair components'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manufacture and install continuous handrailing and special stair components' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare.
1.1. Work instructions and operational details are obtained using relevant information, confirmed and applied for planning and preparation purposes.
1.2. Safety (OHS) requirements are followed in accordance with safety plans and policies.
1.3. Signage and barricade requirements are identified and implemented.
1.4. Tools and equipment selected to carry out tasks are consistent with job requirements, checked for serviceability and any faults are rectified or reported prior to commencement.
1.5. Material quantity requirements are calculated in accordance with plans, specifications and quality requirements.
1.6. Materials appropriate to the work application are identified, obtained, prepared, safely handled and located ready for use.
1.7. Environmental requirements are identified for the project in accordance with environmental plans and statutory and regulatory authority requirements, and are applied.
2. Prepare wreath for continuous handrailing.
2.1. Pitch of stair and change of direction of handrail are identified from stair design.
2.2. Area governing design of wreath is set out or assessed to determined thickness of material to be prepared.
2.3. Material is prepared, cut square to wreath length and set out to shape for dressing.
2.4. Wreath is formed to square section with designated twist and free of bumps.
3. Join and mould wreath to straight sections.
3.1. Straight sections of handrail are measured and cut to length with ends square to join wreath and joined to specifications with joints tight and no movement.
3.2. Wreath is moulded to handrail shape and fine sanded to smooth finish.
3.3. Handrailing is installed in lengths practical to manage and rejoined in location.
4. Manufacture scroll and join to handrail.
4.1. Design of scroll and wreath, where applicable, is identified, set out and prepared to designed shape.
4.2. Materials are prepared to required overall scroll and wreath dimensions, set-out patterns are applied and scroll and wreath are formed to basic shapes.
4.3. Scroll and wreath are moulded to design and connecting handrail shape and fine sanded to smooth finish.
4.4. Scroll and wreath are joined to handrail to specification with joints tight and no movement.
5. Manufacture and install bullnosed steps.
5.1. Design of bullnosed steps is identified, method of constructing curve is determined, and riser of step is manufactured to design curve with block support fixed to specification.
5.2. Tread is cut and dressed with nosing to shape according to design specification.
5.3. Bullnosed step is fitted and fixed to stair and secured in location to specified fixing.
6. Manufacture and install brackets and decorative features.
6.1. Brackets and Scotia, where applicable, are fitted and secured into place to cut and mitred string to specified fixing.
6.2. Decorative/ornamental features are fitted and secured to designed position and to specified fixing, and all surfaces are fine sanded to smooth finish.
7. Clean up.
7.1. Area is cleaned and waste material disposed of safely.
7.2. Tools and equipment are cleaned, maintained and stored.