Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCCLSF3001A, 'Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan job.
1.1. Task to be undertaken is assessed.
1.2. Potential workplace hazards are identified.
1.3. Hazard control measures are identified consistent with appropriate standards to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment.
1.4. Site information is obtained.
1.5. Scaffold, associated equipment and scaffold equipment are identified from site information and in consultation with appropriate personnel (where applicable).
1.6. Safety equipment is identified.
1.7. All forces and loads exerted on and by the scaffold and/or scaffolding equipment are determined and calculated.
1.8. Appropriate communication methods are identified with appropriate personnel.
2. Select and inspect equipment.
2.1. Scaffold, associated equipment and scaffold equipment are selected and inspected according to procedures and site information.
2.2. Safety equipment is selected and inspected according to procedures.
2.3. All defective scaffold, associated equipment, scaffold equipment and safety equipment are isolated according to procedures.
2.4. All defective scaffold, associated equipment, scaffold equipment and safety equipment are reported and recorded according to procedures.
2.5. Communication equipment is selected and inspected for serviceability (where applicable).
3. Set up task.
3.1. Appropriate hazard prevention/control measures are applied to the work area according to procedures.
3.2. Ground suitability is checked.
3.3. Appropriate footings are prepared to support scaffold and scaffold equipment according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
3.4. Scaffold and scaffold equipment are prepared for erection
3.5. Fit safety equipment and secure according to procedures (where applicable).
3.6. Scaffold and scaffold equipment are positioned for work application and stability according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
4. Erect scaffold and scaffolding equipment.
4.1. Scaffold and scaffold equipment are erected according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
4.2. Work is conducted safely at heights including safe and effective use of safety equipment.
4.3. Scaffold and scaffold equipment are erected consistent with site information.
4.4. Appropriate communication methods are used to coordinate the tasks.
4.5. Completed tasks are inspected for compliance with the appropriate standard.
4.6. Handover certificate is completed as required and handed to appropriate personnel.
4.7. Excess materials from the work area are removed (where applicable).
5. Dismantle scaffold and scaffolding equipment.
5.1. Scaffold and scaffold equipment are dismantled according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
5.2. Work is conducted safely at heights including safe and effective use of safety equipment.
5.3. Scaffold, associated equipment and scaffold equipment are inspected for damage and defects.
5.4. All damaged and defective scaffold, associated equipment and scaffold equipment are tagged and isolated according to procedures.
5.5. Hazard prevention/control measures are removed (where appropriate).
5.6. All damaged and defective scaffold, associated equipment and scaffold equipment are reported and recorded according to procedures and appropriate action taken.