Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCCSG3001, 'Design and lay out digital signs for production'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design and lay out digital signs for production' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Plan production job.
Client requirements and visual design elements are discussed, confirmed with client, and applied to planning.
Use of existing client artwork is identified, and scope and limitations of potential file formats are discussed.
Style parameters to be applied to sign are discussed and confirmed with client.
Design timeframe requirements are established, confirmed with client, and applied to planning.
Prepare to design sign.
Industry-recognised software appropriate to sign design is selected and set up according to job requirements.
New file is created and document parameters are set up appropriate to final sign specifications.
Existing digital artwork is imported where required, checked for compatibility with software and output devices, and prepared as appropriate to the task.
Image databases are researched and images that meet design brief and stock images are selected and imported in appropriate file formats.
Design templates are selected and imported in appropriate file formats.
Digital elements of the sign are created according to client requirements.
Elements are arranged in layers to allow for effective selection and re-arrangement.
Text blocks are created as required, and text is entered, formatted and flowed into document using software functionality and in line with client requirements.
Graphic elements of sign are selected, positioned and edited using relevant software functionality in line with client requirements.
Produce vector objects and shapes.
Vector objects and shapes are produced with required attributes using relevant software functionality, and manipulated until graphic framework is finalised.
Lines and curves are adjusted and edited to fit design specifications.
Objects are painted and transposed and strokes and effects are scaled according to the design brief.
Colour and appearance attributes are selected and copied according to client brief.
Gradients, fills and patterns are used to paint and blend according to client requirements.
Edit raster images.
Images are retouched and colour and tone corrections are adjusted to meet client requirements.
Contouring technique is applied to produce the best result, depending on the image.
Edited image is saved in appropriate format to allow for importing into other applications and to conform to job specifications.
Obtain client approval for design.
Draft sign layout is produced and working file saved in appropriate file format.
Compressed file is sent to client in appropriate file format for approval.
Client feedback is obtained for sign design and sign is reviewed and modified where required according to client feedback.
Client sign-off is obtained on final version sign design and sign.
Finalise sign design and layout.
Approved design layout is produced in appropriate file format and checked to be free of errors.
File resolution is adjusted to suit relevant print outputs.
Print ready design layout is produced, saved in appropriate file formats, and stored according to workplace procedures and client requirements.