Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCPCM2039A, 'Carry out interactive workplace communication'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Carry out interactive workplace communication' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Apply oral communication.
Oral instructions are given, clarified and confirmed.
Oral communication with others is clear, accurate and in a language suitable to the industry and workplace.
Current technology that follows industry convention is used during oral communication.
Apply visual communication.
Attention of the communicating parties is obtained, confirmed and acknowledged.
Visual communication is clarified and confirmed at each step.
Visual communication that is unclear or ambiguous is questioned or visually cancelled.
Instances of unclear visual communication are followed up to avoid repeated problems.
Apply written communication and signage.
Written communication is accessed.
Instructions for job or daily activities are accessed and clarified.
Regulatory authorities' and workplace documentation required to record and report work to be undertaken is completed according to workplace procedures for quality, time and detail.
Technical instructions relating to job process, criteria and equipment operations are accessed, interpreted and applied.
Regulatory and work signage is identified, clarified and responded to correctly.
Written detail is provided to maintain the individual's personal records.
Information bulletins, circulars or equivalent that impact on the individual are accessed and interpreted.
Sustainability principles and concepts are applied to written communication.