Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCPFS3043A, 'Conduct functional water flow testing'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct functional water flow testing' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Apply compliance requirements to service operations.
Legislative and industry requirements are confirmed and applied to organisational requirements.
Location and equipment are checked for compliance with legislative and industry requirements and action is taken according to organisational requirements.
Prepare system and equipment to conduct functional water flow proving test.
Workplace procedures are followed and risk control measures applied when setting up on water-based fire-suppression systems.
Appropriate test points are identified.
Water flow test equipment required is identified according to manufacturer instructions and legislative and industry requirements.
Required water flow test equipment is attached according to manufacturer instructions and organisational requirements.
Relevant plant and other system interfaces are identified and isolated according to organisational requirements.
Water supply isolating valves are located, types of valves identified, and valves operated as required to isolate water supplies according to organisational requirements.
Sustainability principles and concepts are observed when preparing for and undertaking work process.
Conduct functional water flow proving and load test, and record results.
Test methods are implemented according to frequency schedule and legislative and industry requirements.
Tests are conducted on each water supply, as required, to verify that systems function as intended.
Test results are compared with legislative and industry requirements.
Results are documented according to legislative and industry requirements.
Report is prepared and forwarded to relevant persons for action according to legislative and industry requirements.
System is reinstated according to organisational requirements.