Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- Assessment Matrix
- Wiki Markup
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- Moodle Outcomes
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCPFS5011A, 'Design fire sprinkler systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design fire sprinkler systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Evaluate design parameters.
Scope of work
Fire department, statutory, regulatory, Australian and New Zealand standards and relevant building code requirements for the design of fire sprinkler systems are interpreted and applied.
Flow and pressure requirements are established, flow and pressure tests are conducted and council main flows and pressures are established.
Additional research, including a desktop study, is conducted and performance requirements are established.
Plan and detail system components.
Layout of pipework systems and type and location of fittings and valves are planned.
Type, location and requirements for backflow prevention devices and alarm and valve assemblies are detailed.
Pipe sizes, velocities, flows and pressures are calculated for a range of applications.
Approved materials, jointing methods and sprinkler heads for fire sprinkler systems are specified.
Smoke alarm systems, booster assemblies, booster relay and jacking pumps are designed and detailed.
Water storage systems and pump, pump controls and pumproom requirements are sized and detailed.
Test points and associated drainage systems are designed and sized.
Design and size systems.
Fire sprinkler systems are designed for a range of wide span and high-rise building applications.
Combined water supply, fire hydrant and hose reel and sprinkler systems are designed for a range of wide span and high-rise building applications.
Sprinkler systems for Grades 1, 2 and 3 water supplies are designed.
Range of sprinkler system configurations is designed.
Fire sprinkler systems are designed and sized using computer software packages.
Sustainability principles and concepts are observed when preparing for and undertaking work process.
Testing and commissioning schedule is prepared.
Operation and maintenance manual is produced.