Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPCPPS5023A, 'Design solar water heating systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design solar water heating systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Evaluate design parameters.
Scope of work for solar water heating system design is established.
Locations of solar collectors are assessed and effect of each location on efficiency is evaluated.
Environmental and community benefits of solar water heating systems are evaluated.
Statutory and regulatory requirements and relevant Australian standards and codes for the design of solar water heating systems are analysed and applied.
Additional research, including a desktop study, is conducted to outline design parameters.
Performance requirements are established, considering safety of system users or building occupants.
Factors that contribute to quality, safety and time efficiency are determined.
Plan and detail system components.
Layout of pipework systems, and type and location of fittings and valves, are planned.
Range configuration and application of proprietary solar heated water systems, and materials and valves to be selected, are evaluated.
Solar water heating system calculations are performed.
Typical configuration of a hydraulic circuit (flow and return) and its components for a pumped-storage solar water heating system is designed.
Water quality and water pre-treatment methods are specified.
Suitable types and levels of insulation for system components are specified and a range of methods to prevent freezing and protect from over performance is detailed.
Pipe size, velocity, flow and pressure calculations are performed for a range of applications.
Approved materials, jointing methods and installation requirements for solar water heating systems are specified.
Allowance for expansion and contraction is provided.
Design and size systems.
Solar collectors are selected to meet the installation requirements.
Residential, commercial and industrial solar water heating systems are designed.
Solar pre-heat systems are designed.
Solar pool and spa heating systems are designed.
Solar water heating systems are designed and sized using calculations and computer software packages.
Sustainability principles and concepts are applied throughout the design process.
Client brief of the desired design is prepared.
Plans and specifications
Testing and commissioning schedule is prepared.
Operation and maintenance manual is produced, including information on how to properly and safely maintain the system.