Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPACC4014, 'Facilitate the development of Disability Discrimination Act Action Plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Facilitate the development of Disability Discrimination Act Action Plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Respond to client inquiry regarding DDA Action Plan.
Client requesting access advice to facilitate the development of an Action Plan is identified and their authority to act is established according to organisational requirements.
Client requirements are discussed, clarified and confirmed according to organisational requirements.
Own competence and organisational capability to respond to client needs are determined and assessed.
Client brief for Action Plan and authority to proceed are negotiated with client and documented according to organisational requirements.
Contractual arrangements for Action Plan are negotiated, confirmed, documented and stored according to client, organisational and legislative requirements.
Collect data and analyse profiles and practices in conjunction with client.
Data is collected according to client, organisational and legislative requirements to develop a comprehensive profile of client organisation, current business practices, and customer base.
Work plan for developing Action Plan in collaboration with client is negotiated and documented.
Collected customer profile data is analysed to identify shortcomings in accessibility according to client, organisational and legislative requirements.
Barriers impeding relationship between client organisation and its customers are identified and documented in conjunction with client.
Customer profile data and identified barriers are used to establish, in conjunction with client, a benchmark for assessing improvements in access provision.
Facilitate client planning processes to achieve DDA objectives.
Policies and programs that achieve required regulatory and legislative objectives relating to access are developed in conjunction with client, based on collected data.
Goals and timeframes to implement developed policies and programs are established and documented in conjunction with client.
Monitoring processes to measure implementation of developed policies and programs are established and documented in conjunction with client.
Evaluation strategies to gauge effectiveness of policies and programs in achieving access compliance are developed and documented in conjunction with client.
Persons responsible for implementing Action Plan are identified or appointed in conjunction with client.
Internal communication strategy to communicate benefits of Action Plan to business and its personnel is developed and documented in conjunction with client.
Training and professional development opportunities to support staff in implementing Action Plan are identified and documented in conjunction with client.
Grievance policy and mechanisms are developed and documented, and procedures are implemented for handling grievances in conjunction with client.
Assist client to develop a process to implement and review DDA Action Plan.
External communication and marketing strategy to inform current and potential clients about improved service arrangements for people with disabilities is developed and documented in conjunction with client.
Action Plan is integrated into overall business planning processes in conjunction with client.
Processes for periodic review of Action Plan goals are established and documented in conjunction with client.
Processes for periodic updating of Action Plan to reflect current and future business practices are established and documented in conjunction with client.
Assist client to document and lodge DDA Action Plan.
All aspects of documenting the Action Plan are finalised in conjunction with client.
Action Plan documentation is collated into suitable format in conjunction with client, and copies are retained for future reference, monitoring, evaluation and updating according to organisational requirements.
Action Plan is forwarded to AHRC according to established organisational requirements and AHRC published guidelines.