Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPACC4020, 'Provide access advice on building renovations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide access advice on building renovations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Identify areas of building that require modification to achieve access.
Project brief is reviewed and project requirements and arrangements are identified and confirmed according to organisational requirements.
Classification of building to be renovated is determined according to the BCA.
BCA requirements for access to class of building to be renovated are determined.
Areas of building that require modification to achieve access required by building legislation, standards and codes are identified.
Required renovation options for non-compliant areas and non-compliant elements to achieve a compliant level of access are determined.
Provide advice to client on renovation process to achieve compliant access.
Required steps in renovation process for achieving compliant access are determined.
Processes to be undertaken to renovate building spaces and elements to achieve compliance are determined.
Proposed renovation process is discussed with client and extent to which compliant access can be achieved is explained.
Identify areas of the building where pre-existing conditions prevent compliant access.
Non-compliant areas and elements unable to be modified due to pre-existing conditions are identified and documented.
Advice is sought where required to assist in identifying and analysing unknown elements relating to construction plans, access requirements and disabilities.
Advice is provided on renovation options for upgrade where pre-existing conditions prevent modification to full compliance.
Prepare and finalise building renovations access report.
Building renovations access report is prepared for client according to contractual arrangements and organisational requirements.
Draft building renovations access report is reviewed with required persons according to organisational requirements.
Feedback received from review process is incorporated and access report is completed.
Distribute and store building renovations access report.
Building renovations access report and associated documentation are prepared according to organisational arrangements.
Report and associated documentation are forwarded to client according to contractual arrangements.
Copy of report and associated documentation is recorded and retained according to organisational and legislative requirements.