Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPBDN4008, 'Produce digital building design concept drawings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Produce digital building design concept drawings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Produce building design sketches
Client brief and designerâ€™s concept drawings and notes are reviewed and requirements confirmed.
Existing site information and measured drawings are reviewed and information is applied to the production of sketches.
Compliance requirements are confirmed and applied to the production of sketches.
Building design software and project templates are used according to workplace requirements to produce and save sketches that illustrate designerâ€™s concept, with accurate proportions and within project timelines.
Spatial and dimensional awareness is applied when producing sketches to allow ample space for movement of persons.
Rendering techniques are applied to sketches as required by designer.
Sketches are reviewed in consultation with designer to check that compliance requirements have been addressed, and adjustments are made and saved as required.
Scaled renditions of design concept sketches are produced as required.
Review and apply designerâ€™s instructions in response to client feedback on building design concept sketches.
Designerâ€™s instructions, notes and notations to drawings following client consultations are reviewed and clientâ€™s required changes to sketches are confirmed.
Sketches are adjusted and cross-checked to confirm that client requirements are incorporated.
Impacts of changes on compliance requirements are identified and confirmed through consultation with relevant personnel and according to workplace requirements.
Adjusted drawings and identified impacts on compliance requirements are reviewed with designer.
Final adjustments to sketches are made according to instructions and following designerâ€™s final consultations with client and other relevant personnel.
Sketches are stored and saved according to workplace requirements.
Produce building design drawings.
Building design software and project templates are used to set up design drawings based on client-approved concept sketches.
Details of spatial, structural and technical elements of the buildingâ€™s design are confirmed with designer and incorporated into building design drawings.
Details of strategies to address work health and safety (WHS) issues in the buildingâ€™s design are confirmed with designer and incorporated into design drawings.
Details of sustainable building design for the project are confirmed with designer and incorporated into building design drawings.
Readability of drawings is reviewed and drawings are adjusted to ensure clarity of detail, consistency and ease of understanding by clients.
Design drawings are saved and stored according to workplace requirements.
Design drawings are reviewed in consultation with designers to ensure client and compliance requirements and anomalies are addressed, and drawings are adjusted as required.
Design drawings are rendered to watercolour wash or photo-realistic finish as required.
Review and apply client feedback to building design drawings.
Designerâ€™s instructions, notes and notations to drawings following client consultations are reviewed and clientâ€™s required changes to design drawings are confirmed.
Design drawings are adjusted and cross-checked to confirm that client requirements are incorporated.
Impacts of changes on compliance of building are identified and confirmed according to workplace requirements.
Adjusted drawings and identified impacts on compliance requirements are reviewed in consultation with designer.
Final adjustments to drawings are made according to instructions and following designerâ€™s final consultations with client and other relevant personnel.