Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPBDN4011, 'Prepare documentation for building approval'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare documentation for building approval' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Plan documentation production.
Documentation required for building approval applications for building design projects is confirmed with design project manager and other relevant personnel.
Compliance requirements to be addressed in working drawings are confirmed with relevant personnel.
Timelines and methodologies for producing working drawings are confirmed and followed.
Drawings and documentation required from construction contractors, engineers and consultants, are confirmed and obtained.
Prepare and gather documentation.
Project design drawings and documentation are reviewed in consultation with design project manager and information relevant to different types of working drawings is identified.
Construction details requiring clarification are resolved through research and consultation.
Draft working drawings are prepared and notations added according to project and workplace requirements.
Working drawings are checked and finalised, in consultation with design project manager.
Required documentation is completed or obtained, and checked and confirmed as correct or referred for amendment in consultation with design project manager.
Submit and support building approval application.
Documentation for building approval application is prepared, checked for compliance with requirements, and submitted to design project manager.
Progress of application through building approval process is monitored and requests for clarification or changes are addressed in consultation with design project manager.
Building approval is obtained and filed with final design project documentation according to workplace procedures.
Client is notified of building approval and copies of relevant documentation are provided in consultation with design project manager, as required.