Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPBDN5009A, 'Produce compliant client-approved designs for small-scale building design projects'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Produce compliant client-approved designs for small-scale building design projects' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan, administer and produce design drawings
Design drawings required in planning approval application documentation for small-scale building design projects are confirmed with relevant authorities.
Compliance requirements to be addressed in design drawings are confirmed with relevant authorities.
Timelines and methodologies for producing final design drawings are established and followed.
Drawings required from technical experts are specified, commissioned and obtained.
Design drawings are set up, named and filed according to workplace procedures.
Refine spatial, structural and technical elements of building designs.
Factors contributing to spatial requirements and relationships are analysed and incorporated into building designs.
Structural systems for small-scale buildings are reviewed, in consultation with technical experts as required, and appropriate systems are incorporated into building designs.
Construction and technical elements for small-scale buildings are reviewed, in consultation with technical experts as required, and appropriate elements are incorporated into building designs.
Aesthetic fusion of design elements is visualised, analysed and refined in building designs.
Address health and safety issues in building designs
Obligations of building designers for health and safety during construction and use of small-scale buildings are analysed.
Health and safety issues specific to design team, construction team and users are researched, in consultation with client and stakeholders, and analysed.
Risk analyses of construction and use of small-scale buildings are conducted and appropriate controls selected and applied to design drawings.
Health and safety documentation for the building is created, processed and communicated to relevant personnel according to workplace procedures.
Refine sustainable design elements of building designs
Optimum sustainable construction materials and methods are selected and incorporated into building designs.
Systems for sustainable water use are reviewed and suitable systems are incorporated into building designs.
Energy-efficient design principles and renewable energy sources are reviewed and suitable solutions are incorporated into building designs.
Obtain client approval of final design drawings
Design drawings are assessed against client and compliance requirements and anomalies are addressed.
Design drawings are presented and explained to client and relevant stakeholders according to workplace procedures.
Detailed client and stakeholder feedback is encouraged and discussed, and required amendments are negotiated.
Design drawings are amended as required, and client approval is obtained, documented and processed according to workplace procedures.