Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPCLO2010A, 'Clean ceiling surfaces and fittings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Clean ceiling surfaces and fittings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Assess area to be cleaned.
Area to be cleaned is assessed, work order is reviewed according to company requirements, and issues are clarified with appropriate persons.
Hazards are identified and risks controlled in work site according to company, legislative, and occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements.
Type of ceiling surface and fittings is identified by observation according to work order and company requirements.
Soil types on ceiling surfaces and fittings are identified by observation according to work order and company requirements.
Work site access arrangements are confirmed according to work order, and OHS and company requirements.
Cleaning techniques are selected according to work order and company requirements.
Size and usage pattern of work site are determined to ensure safety of personnel and efficient use of equipment and chemicals.
Pre-existing damage is identified and reported to appropriate persons according to company requirements.
Select equipment and chemicals.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected and used according to manufacturer specifications, and OHS and company requirements.
Equipment and chemicals are selected for work order according to OHS and company requirements.
Operational effectiveness of equipment is checked according to manufacturer specifications and company requirements.
Equipment is adjusted to suit operator’s requirements according to manufacturer specifications and OHS requirements.
Chemicals are prepared according to manufacturer specifications, and OHS and company requirements.
Prepare work site.
Hazards in work site are confirmed and risks are controlled and reassessed according to legislative, OHS and company requirements.
Signage and barriers are installed as required to maximise public safety during cleaning operation according to work order, and OHS and company requirements.
Floor, furniture and equipment are covered with drop sheets according to work order and company requirements.
Work restrictions affecting the completion of work order are identified and appropriate persons are promptly notified.
Clean work site.
Cobwebs and dry dust are removed according to work order, and OHS and company requirements.
Difficult to reach areas are vacuumed according to work order, and OHS and company requirements.
Fittings are wiped according to work order and company requirements.
Chemical solution is rinsed from all surfaces according to work order and company requirements.
Work is performed according to work order, manufacturer specifications and legislative, OHS and company requirements.
Tidy work site.
Collected soil and waste are disposed of according to client specifications, work order, manufacturer specifications and legislative, OHS, company and environmental requirements.
Furniture and fittings are replaced according to client requests, work order and OHS requirements.
Signage and barriers are removed according to work order, and OHS and company requirements.
Clean and safety check equipment, and store equipment and chemicals.
Equipment and PPE are cleaned according to manufacturer specifications and environmental, OHS and company requirements.
Equipment and PPE are safety checked according to manufacturer specifications and OHS requirements, and required maintenance is recorded according to company requirements.
Equipment and PPE are stored and maintained to allow ready access according to manufacturer specifications, and OHS and company requirements.
Chemicals are stored according to manufacturer specifications, and OHS and company requirements.