Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPCLO3019, 'Remove waste and recyclable materials'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Remove waste and recyclable materials' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Plan and prepare to handle waste.
General waste, contaminated and biological waste and recyclable items are identified according to company requirements, and any issues are clarified.
Work site hazards are assessed and risks controlled according to company, legislative, and health and safety requirements.
Equipment is selected according to job requirements, checked for serviceability, and faults are rectified or reported before starting work.
Cleaning chemicals are selected and prepared according to manufacturer specifications, and health and safety, and company requirements.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is sourced and used according to manufacturer specifications, and health and safety, and company requirements.
Tasks are sequenced to ensure maximum efficiency when completing cleaning requirements.
Transfer waste to waste carrier.
Waste items are collected and safely transferred to waste carrier according to health and safety, and company requirements.
Biological waste is transferred to biohazard bins according to health and safety requirements.
Rubbish bins and surrounds are spot cleaned according to company requirements.
Soiled rubbish bin liners are replaced according to health and safety, and company requirements.
Transfer waste to disposal unit.
Waste is removed from site according to health and safety, and company requirements.
Waste is transported to disposal units by shortest practical safest route and according to health and safety, and company requirements.
Deliver recyclable materials.
Recyclable materials are identified and separated according to health and safety, and company requirements.
Recyclable materials are transferred safely to dedicated recycling collection units for each type of material according to health and safety, and company requirements.
Recycling containers and surrounds are spot cleaned according to health and safety, and company requirements.
Recycling containers are checked and replaced in designated locations.
Transfer of recyclable materials is documented according to company requirements.
Clean and safety check equipment, and store equipment and chemicals.
Equipment and PPE are cleaned, safety checked and stored according to manufacturer specifications and environmental, health and safety, and company requirements.
Unused chemicals are stored or disposed of according to manufacturer specifications, and health and safety and company requirements.