Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPCLO3035, 'Maintain cleaning storage areas'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain cleaning storage areas' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Ensure safety and security of cleaning storage area and its contents.
Storage area is secured from unauthorised access according to legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Hazards in storage area are assessed and risks controlled according to legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Safety warning charts and labels are prominently displayed and safety information is made accessible according to legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Equipment is stored, maintained and checked to enable ready access and re-use according to manufacturer specifications and legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Cleaning chemicals and consumables are stored according to manufacturer specifications and legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is cleaned, safety checked and stored, and maintenance requirements are recorded, according to manufacturer specifications, and health and safety and company requirements.
Communication tools are stored and used according to company requirements.
Storage area is kept accessible and free of obstacles according to practical restrictions of site or vehicle, and health and safety and company requirements.
Control equipment, chemical and consumable stock.
Inventory system of equipment, PPE, chemicals and consumables with maximum and minimum holding levels is maintained according to company requirements.
Usage patterns are monitored and chemicals and consumables are re-ordered to maintain required levels according to company requirements.
Labelling system of containers is maintained according to manufacturer specifications and legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Chemicals and consumables are issued on a first-in first-out basis according to company requirements.
Collected soil and waste are disposed of according to client and company specifications, and legislative, environmental, and health and safety requirements.
Obsolete equipment and chemicals are identified, collected and disposed of according to manufacturer specifications, and environmental, legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Respond to emergency situations.
Spillages and emergency situations are responded to in line with emergency response procedures and according to environmental, legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.
Required documentation is completed following an emergency situation and submitted according to environmental, legislative, company, and health and safety requirements.