Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPCMN4012A, 'Contribute to sustainable solutions throughout a building's life cycle'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Contribute to sustainable solutions throughout a building's life cycle' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Develop understanding of environmental impact over a building's life.
1.1 Purpose, benefits and practices of identifying and addressing environmental impact of a building during its life cycle are explored and used to inform the provision of services to customers.
1.2 Concepts and models of the environmental life cycle of buildings are explored and used to inform the provision of services to customers.
1.3 Range of products and services offered to support the sustainable and effective management of a building over its life cycle are reviewed and assessed.
2. Identify and communicate effective environmental solutions.
2.1 Benefits of adopting strategies that contribute to reducing environmental impact over the building's life cycle are analysed and communicated to customers.
2.2 Current products and services offered by the business are reviewed and analysed to identify their benefits and contribution to reducing environmental impacts.
2.3 Advice is sought from team members or related external professionals when services sought by the customer extend beyond current offerings.
3. Support implementation of effective environmental solutions.
3.1 Information and advice are provided to customer regarding optimal use and maintenance of the product or service to ensure environmental benefits are maximised.
3.2 Services provided by the business are checked for compliance with legislation and industry best practice to ensure optimum environmental performance.
3.3 Documentation, including 'green' certification and environmental performance ratings, is provided to the customer and its purpose explained.