Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPCMN8001, 'Lead the strategic planning process for an enterprise'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Lead the strategic planning process for an enterprise' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Initiate the strategic planning process.
Owners and senior staff are extensively consulted to determine the parameters that will be used for the planning process, including timeframes and budget.
Current strategic planning documents are analysed to determine a methodology that is in keeping with the organisation’s needs and past practice.
Stakeholders who will contribute to the plan’s development are identified.
Planning methodology is developed and a project plan, including resource allocation, is documented.
Conduct an environmental and organisational scan.
Extensive research is conducted of local and international best practice and trends in the organisation’s field of operation.
Demographic and trend data is identified, collected and analysed to provide profiling information about the organisation’s market.
Industry intelligence relating to competitors is collected and analysed.
Key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) to the organisation are identified.
Major risk factors are identified that could constrain the achievement of organisational goals in the short, medium and long term.
Stakeholders are consulted to identify issues and expectations affecting the organisation’s operations.
Lead the establishment of organisational key directions and goals.
Processes to engage staff and stakeholders in establishing the major goals of the organisation are developed and implemented during the predetermined planning period.
Leadership is provided to establish the vision, mission and key goals of the organisation for the planning period.
Leadership to establish the organisation’s key result areas for the period of the plan is provided.
Lead the development of the plan’s key activities and performance indicators.
Processes and delegations are put in place and managed to develop detailed activities to achieve the organisation’s goals.
Processes and delegations are put in place and managed to develop specific performance indicators to enable the measurement of success.
Resourcing levels to enable the plan to be enacted are costed and budgeted.
Strategies are developed and applied to gain staff and stakeholder commitment to the process and the plan.
Sign-off and commitment to finalised strategic plan are obtained from stakeholders and participants.
Manage the implementation process.
Development of necessary tactical or operational annual plans is lead and managed across the organisation to facilitate implementation of longer-term strategic plan.
Prioritising and human, financial and capital resourcing of programs or operational tactics are planned and conducted.
Changed processes or practices to support implementation are analysed and planned.
Succession planning and other human resource development strategies are enacted to ensure long-term viability of organisation.
Strategies to skill the workforce in order to enact the plan are put in place.
Communication processes are put in place to inform and support staff and stakeholders during required change and implementation process.
Manage the evaluation process.
Processes to monitor performance against agreed benchmarks and performance indicators are put in place and enacted.
Outcomes of the strategic and operational plans are monitored in line with agreed processes.
Review or refinement of activities is undertaken in light of changing conditions to ensure the attainment of the strategic plan’s goals.