Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPDSM3003A, 'Assist in marketing properties for lease'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist in marketing properties for lease' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Assist with preparing marketing materials.
1.1 Client requirementswith regard to marketing materials are clarified with appropriate property management staff using relevant interpersonal communication techniques.
1.2 Assistanceis given to appropriate property management staff to prepare marketing materials in line with client instructions and agency practice.
2Assist in delivery of property marketing activities.
2.1 Own role and responsibilities and those of other agency staff in delivery of property marketing activities are understood.
2.2 Assistance is given to relevant property management staff in implementing marketing activities in line with agency practice and legislative requirements.
2.3 Appropriate rapport is established with potential tenants.
2.4 Questions from potential tenants are answered fully and honestly or referred to appropriate person.
2.5 Effective interpersonal communication and presentation skills are used in representing the agency and responding to questions and concerns of potential tenants.
2.6 Contribution is made to reviews of marketing activities in line with agency practice.
3Assist in providing follow-up service to clients.
3.1 Information is gathered and prepared for relevant property management staff to facilitate provision of effective follow-up service to potential tenants in line with agency practice.
3.2 Support is provided to relevant property management staff in reviewing and reporting to landlord on effectiveness of marketing activities.