Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPDSM4066, 'Plan and coordinate property and facility inspection'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and coordinate property and facility inspection' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Plan property or facility inspection.
Property or facility information is researched and analysed to determine status and occupancy details.
Context and purpose of inspection are determined.
Property or facility inspection plan is developed.
Business equipment and technology are used to access, organise and monitor information.
Property or facility access arrangements and approvals required to conduct inspection are determined.
Inspect property or facility.
Property or facility is inspected according to inspection plan, using reliable inspection processes and ensuring all relevant aspects of the property or facility are sighted and noted.
Variations to inspection plan are determined and implemented to meet changing circumstances and improve service delivery.
Condition of features associated with property or facility is recorded.
Situations requiring specialist advice are identified and assistance is sought as required.
Review and report on inspection outcomes.
Inspection outcomes are reported and reviewed against inspection plan.
Recommendations and issues are prepared in required format and in style and structure suitable for review and interpretation.
Feedback on client satisfaction with inspection outcomes is sought using valid methods and verifiable data.
Relevant documentation is completed and processed.
Information is securely maintained with due regard to client confidentiality.