Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPHSA4001, 'Assess household energy use'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assess household energy use' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Plan and organise the assessment of household energy use.
Need for assessment of household energy use is clarified with client.
Effective communication strategies are used to assist in establishing rapport with client and in responding to client questions and concerns.
Potential hazards are identified to ensure risks are suitably managed.
Assessment is planned ensuring that health and safety of self and others are not compromised.
Assessment documentation is prepared.
Tools, equipment and other requirements for the assessment are identified and arrangements are made to ensure their availability on day of assessment.
Owner or occupier status of client is determined.
Client is advised of information required prior to assessment, and details of assessment are confirmed.
Authority to proceed is obtained from client before commencing assessment, and reconfirmed as appropriate during the assessment.
Gather data on household energy use and costs.
Information to be gathered on household energy use and costs is confirmed.
Information on household energy use and costs is gathered from resident, and from measurements and observations made during inspection of residence.
Information on behaviour and preferences of household members that impact on energy use is gathered from resident, and from observations made during inspection of residence.
Information is verified for accuracy and recorded using a relevant data collection tool.
Analyse data on household energy use, costs and emissions.
Information is analysed to identify key characteristics of household energy use, costs and emissions.
Government rebates and other assistance programs relating to improving efficiency of household energy use are identified.
Options for improving efficiency of energy use and reducing costs and emissions are evaluated.
Cost of options for improving household energy efficiency is estimated.
Estimated energy, emissions and cost savings generated from improving household energy efficiency are estimated.
Assess feasibility of using residence for energy production.
Sources of technical advice on using residential property for energy production are identified.
Advantages and disadvantages of using residential property for energy production are identified.
Energy production technologies suitable for use in residential property are identified.
Government rebates and other assistance programs for incorporating energy production technologies into residential buildings are identified.
Cost-benefit of using residence for energy production is assessed.
Estimates of cost of installing energy production technologies are produced and associated impact on household energy costs and emissions is determined.
Report outcomes of energy use assessment.
Results and recommendations, along with supporting evidence, are collated and documented.
Estimated cost of proposed recommendations, associated reductions in household energy costs and emissions, and improvements in household energy efficiency are calculated.
Results and recommendations, including estimated costs and improvements in household energy efficiency, are explained to client.