Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPHSA4006, 'Manage own work, professional development and ethical behaviour as a home sustainability assessor'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage own work, professional development and ethical behaviour as a home sustainability assessor' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Manage own work performance as a home sustainability assessor.
Personal qualities required for effective home sustainability assessment are identified and demonstrated.
Effective communication strategies are used to establish rapport with client, determine client needs, give accurate advice to client, and provide follow-up services.
Own work responsibilities, priorities and accountabilities are met within required timeframes.
Work performance is consistently maintained in different work locations and situations.
Difficult workplace situations are identified, addressed safely and in a professional manner, and concluded positively.
Personal presentation requirements are identified and met.
Situations in which specialist advice is required are identified and sources of specialist advice on home sustainability practices and assessment are determined.
Set and meet own work priorities.
Competing demands for work time and priority action are assessed and organised to achieve personal, team and organisational work priorities.
Activities are managed effectively to accomplish personal, team and organisational goals and objectives.
Technology is used where appropriate to improve efficiency and effectiveness in managing work priorities and commitments.
Develop and maintain professional competence in providing home sustainability assessment services.
Own strengths and weaknesses are assessed against job requirements, industry competency standards, and other relevant benchmarks to determine own professional development priorities and required action.
Feedback on own performance is regularly sought from clients and others, and is used to improve professional competence.
Management skills relevant to work as a home sustainability assessor are identified and developed to enhance performance.
Participation in professional networks and associations is used to enhance skills, knowledge and relationships.
Opportunities for continuing professional development to maintain competence and develop skills and knowledge relating to home sustainability assessment are planned and implemented.
Model ethical practice relating to home sustainability assessors.
Ethical and conduct standards are identified and applied when providing services to clients.
Own liability for breach of contract and negligence is identified.
Own understanding of ethics and conduct standards is confirmed with relevant people to ensure compliance with codes of conduct, agreements with contracting agencies, and legislative requirements.
Situations in which specialist advice is required are identified and sources of advice on matters relating to ethical practice are determined.
Meet industry accreditation requirements relating to home sustainability assessors.
Role and responsibility of accreditation bodies for home sustainability assessors are identified.
Accreditation requirements are identified, met and maintained.
Quality assurance processes of accreditation bodies for home sustainability assessors are identified and complied with.