Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPHSA4007, 'Promote the adoption of home sustainability practices by residents'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote the adoption of home sustainability practices by residents' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Assess residents’ readiness to adopt home sustainability practices.
Effective communication strategies are used in establishing rapport with residents and responding to residents’ questions and concerns.
Influences that impact on residents’ attitudes to home sustainability are identified.
Barriers to residents adopting home sustainability practices are identified.
Residents’ motivations and factors that increase their willingness to voluntarily change behaviour and adopt home sustainability practices are identified.
Information needs of residents in relation to home sustainability practices are identified and addressed.
Positive attitudes and behaviours demonstrated by residents in relation to home sustainability practices are identified and reinforced.
Develop an implementation plan for home sustainability practices.
Appropriate communication and consultation techniques are used to assist residents in prioritising their home sustainability needs.
Home sustainability practices consistent with residents’ priorities, motivation, budget, commitment, timeframes and confidence levels are identified and agreed.
Resources, rebates and other forms of assistance available to support implementation of agreed home sustainability practices are identified and explained to residents.
Data and success measures required to assess adoption of agreed home sustainability practices are identified in consultation with residents.
Appropriate data collection methods are identified in consultation with residents.
Potential barriers to successful implementation of agreed home sustainability practices, and strategies for overcoming these barriers, are identified in consultation with residents.
Implementation plan that includes ways in which residents can monitor and review progress in adopting home sustainability practices is prepared in consultation with residents.
Provide follow-up services.
Need for follow-up services is determined in consultation with residents.
Follow-up services are identified and provided, as agreed with residents.