Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPHSA4018, 'Manage own work, professional development and ethical behaviour as a NatHERS assessor'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage own work, professional development and ethical behaviour as a NatHERS assessor' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Manage own work performance as a NatHERS assessor.
Personal qualities appropriate to the NatHERS assessment environment are identified, evaluated and demonstrated.
Effective communication strategies are used to establish rapport with clients, determine client needs, give accurate advice to clients, and provide follow-up services.
Stable work performance is consistently maintained.
Difficult workplace situations are identified, addressed in a professional manner, and concluded positively.
Personal presentation requirements are identified and met.
Situations in which specialist advice is required are identified and sources of specialist advice on NatHERS software, protocols and assessment are determined.
Set and meet own work priorities.
Competing demands for work time and priority action are assessed and organised to achieve personal, team and organisational work priorities.
Activities are managed effectively to accomplish personal, team and organisational goals and objectives.
Technology is used where appropriate to improve efficiency and effectiveness in managing work priorities and commitments.
Own work responsibilities, priorities and accountabilities are met within required timeframes.
Develop and maintain professional competence.
Personal strengths and weaknesses in NatHERS assessment services are assessed to determine own development priorities and action where necessary.
Feedback on performance is regularly sought from clients and others and is used to improve professional competence.
Management skills relevant to work as a NatHERS assessor are identified and developed to enhance performance.
Opportunities for continuing professional development to maintain own competence and develop skills and knowledge relating to NatHERS assessment are identified, planned and implemented.
Model ethical practices.
Ethical and conduct standards relevant to NatHERS assessors are identified and applied in providing services to clients.
Personal liability for breach of contract or negligence is identified.
Regulatory and professional requirements are identified and met, and appropriate professional indemnity insurance maintained.
Personal knowledge of ethics and conduct standards is confirmed to ensure compliance with codes of conduct, agreements with contracting agencies, and legislative requirements.
Situations in which specialist advice is required are identified and sources of advice on matters relating to ethical practice are determined.
Comply with industry accreditation, licensing and quality assurance requirements.
Accreditation and licensing requirements relevant to NatHERS assessors are identified, met and maintained.
Role and responsibility of accreditation and licensing bodies for NatHERS assessors are identified.
Quality assurance processes of accreditation and licensing bodies for NatHERS assessors are identified and complied with.
Follow quality procedures in conducting NatHERS assessments.
Quality procedures relevant to conducting NatHERS assessments are identified.
Work tasks are undertaken and completed in line with quality procedures.
Potential improvements to quality procedures are identified.