Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPHSA5001, 'Assess thermal performance of complex residential buildings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assess thermal performance of complex residential buildings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Plan and organise thermal performance assessment.
Need for assessing thermal performance of a residential building is clarified with client.
Features of design requiring complex modelling techniques are determined and appropriate assessment strategies are identified in line with organisational procedures, software developer recommendations, and regulatory requirements.
Cost of assessment is communicated to client in line with organisational procedures.
Effective communication strategies are used to assist in establishing rapport with the client and in responding to client questions and concerns.
Potential risks are identified and suitably managed.
Computer equipment and software required for the assessment are identified and checked for serviceability.
Documentation required for the assessment is obtained.
Authority to proceed is obtained from client before commencing, and reconfirmed as appropriate during the assessment.
Enter information into thermal performance assessment tool.
Building information is extracted from the full range of available sources.
Building information on complex features of building envelope is gathered, checked for accuracy and where necessary verified with other building professionals.
Software technical support and advice are identified and sourced as required.
Limitations of software are identified and considered during assessment.
Building information is correctly and consistently entered into the thermal performance assessment tool.
Methods for entering information on non-standard and complex building materials and designs are used correctly.
Complex constructions are built from standard construction materials library.
Apply thermal performance assessment tool.
Relevant functions of thermal performance assessment tool are used to generate outputs in relation to thermal performance of the building.
Thermal performance assessment tool outputs are identified and analysed.
Impact of external factors on thermal performance of building are identified and assessed.
Methods for entering information on non-standard building materials and designs are used correctly.
Errors in data entry and assessment are identified and corrected.
Software scratch file is read and interpreted.
Identify options for improving thermal performance.
Sources of technical advice on building thermal performance are identified.
Assumptions and limitations inherent in thermal performance assessment tool are considered when interpreting outputs.
Thermal performance tool outputs are interpreted to identify strengths and weaknesses in thermal performance of building.
Options for improving thermal and environmental performance and for meeting regulatory requirements are identified based on criteria.
Interactions of thermal performance improvements on other aspects of building performance are identified and advice is provided to client.
Impact of options is evaluated by reassessing the building using the thermal performance assessment tool.
Cost of options for improving the thermal performance of the residence is estimated in line with organisational procedures.
Report outcomes of thermal performance assessment.
Results and recommendations, along with supporting evidence, are collated and documented.
Estimated cost of proposed recommendations and potential associated reductions in energy use, costs and greenhouse gas emissions are documented in line with organisational procedures.
Results and recommendations of thermal performance assessment are explained to the client.
Reports and other documentation associated with thermal performance assessment are lodged with regulatory authorities if required, and securely stored to be readily retrieved in line with organisational requirements.