Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPHSA5002, 'Assess thermal performance and energy efficiency of residential buildings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assess thermal performance and energy efficiency of residential buildings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Plan the assessment of residential building’s thermal performance and energy efficiency.
Need for assessment is clarified with client.
Effective communication strategies are used to assist in establishing rapport with the client and in responding to client questions and concerns.
Functions of software package to be used in assessment are identified.
Computer equipment required for the assessment is identified and checked for serviceability.
Potential risks are identified and suitably managed.
Gather building and other relevant information.
Building and appliance information is extracted from building drawings, specifications and other documents; outcomes of site inspections; and discussions with client and other building professionals.
Information required for assessment is gathered, checked for accuracy, and where necessary verified with software developer, regulatory authorities and other building professionals, as required.
Site inspection of existing building, if required, is planned to gather information for assessment.
Potential hazards associated with conducting a site inspection of an existing building are identified to ensure risks are suitably managed.
Tools, equipment and other requirements for site inspection are identified and arrangements are made to ensure their availability on day of inspection.
Information required from client is obtained before conducting site inspection.
Details of site inspection are agreed with client before conducting inspection.
Site inspection is conducted and information required for assessment is gathered.
Enter information into assessment tool.
Information on residential building is entered into the assessment tool.
Methods for entering information are used correctly.
Conduct residential sustainability assessment.
Appropriate functions of assessment tool are used to generate outputs in relation to the thermal performance and sustainability of the building.
Advanced features of software are used.
Assessment tool outputs are identified and analysed.
Errors in data entry and assessment are identified and corrected.
Identify options for improving residential sustainability.
Sources of technical advice on residential sustainability are identified.
Assumptions and limitations inherent in assessment tool are considered when interpreting outputs.
Assessment tool outputs are interpreted to identify strengths and weaknesses in the residential sustainability of building.
Government rebates and other assistance programs for improving residential sustainability are identified, as required.
Options for improving thermal performance and residential sustainability are identified by considering the outputs of the assessment and other criteria.
Impact of options is evaluated by modelling options using the assessment tool.
Costs of options for improving the residential sustainability of residence are estimated.
Report outcomes of thermal performance assessment.
Results and recommendations, along with supporting evidence, are collated and documented.
Estimated cost of proposed recommendations and potential associated reductions in energy use, costs and greenhouse gas emissions are documented.
Results and recommendations of the residential sustainability assessment are explained to the client.
Reports and other documentation associated with residential sustainability assessment are securely stored to be readily retrieved.