Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPPMT3002, 'Assess, advise on options, and develop pest management plans for complex or high risk operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assess, advise on options, and develop pest management plans for complex or high risk operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Access work site and confirm work requirements.
Work site is accessed according to client and company requirements.
Work order is reviewed, work site requirements are identified according to client and company requirements, and issues are clarified with appropriate persons.
Authority of client requesting services is confirmed according to company and compliance requirements.
Clarify nature of pest management problem.
Information on client record is reviewed and client perception of pest problem, needs and expectations are clarified according to company requirements.
Initial scan of work site is conducted to confirm clientâ€™s perception of pest problem according to company and compliance requirements.
Plan work site inspection.
Cost effective, practical and safe inspection method that minimises disruption to client and site activities is selected according to work site conditions, work order, manufacturer specifications, and company and compliance requirements.
Hazards associated with inspection method and site are identified, and risk control strategies are applied to planning according to company and compliance requirements.
Client agreement to inspection method is obtained according to company requirements.
Required inspection equipment is identified and selected according to company and compliance requirements.
Inspect work site.
Type and condition of building and environment are determined according to work order and company and compliance requirements.
Hazards are identified during inspection and risks controlled at work site according to company and compliance requirements.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected and used according to manufacturer specifications and company and compliance requirements.
Work site is inspected using agreed method and safe operating practices according to manufacturer specifications and company and compliance requirements.
Types of pests are identified, or identification is referred to relevant experts as required.
Density of pests and level of pest activity are assessed from available evidence according to work order, agreed inspection method and company requirements.
Pest harbourages are located according to work order, agreed inspection method and company requirements.
Evidence of pest activity or condition is documented according to company and compliance requirements.
Assess and select options for pest management.
Pest management methods and integrated pest management solutions suitable for pest problem are identified according to manufacturer specifications and client, company and compliance requirements.
Pest management options are assessed for suitability to work site conditions and usage patterns.
Pest management methods are selected and reviewed to confirm compliance with client needs and cost-effectiveness according to work order and company requirements.
Advise client on pest management.
Evidence of pest conditions or activity is demonstrated to client according to company requirements.
Accurate information is provided on selection of pest management methods based on established evidence of pest conditions or activity and according to company requirements.
Opportunities for client to confirm understanding and seek clarification about pest management options are provided according to company requirements.
Client is informed of relevant service exclusions and limitations according to company and compliance requirements.
Advice is provided on company services and additional sources of information according to company requirements.
Prepare pest management plan and process documentation.
Proposed pest management plan is documented according to work order and company requirements.
Client is provided with copy of inspection findings and pest management plan according to company requirements.
Client records are updated according to company requirements.