Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPPMT3008, 'Inspect for and report on timber pests'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Inspect for and report on timber pests' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Access work site and assess work requirements.
Work site is accessed according to company requirements.
Work order for inspection is reviewed according to company requirements, and issues and client expectations are clarified with appropriate persons.
Previous inspection and treatment records are accessed and reviewed, where possible, to establish a history of inspection areas.
Physical characteristics of work site and work site environment are assessed according to company requirements.
Type of structure and construction methods are determined according to relevant company and compliance requirements.
Location of industry-recognised pest pressure areas is confirmed to ensure that inspection targets probable timber pest activity.
Client agreement to inspection is obtained before starting work according to company requirements.
Plan for inspection.
Hazards are identified and risk controls selected for the work site according to manufacturer specifications and relevant company and compliance requirements.
Suitable inspection and personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected according to manufacturer specifications and relevant company and compliance requirements.
Systematic and comprehensive inspection and recording method, using knowledge of work site and work site environment, is determined and adopted according to work order, manufacturer specifications and relevant company and compliance requirements.
Inspect for timber pests.
Suitable PPE is fitted and used according to manufacturer specifications and relevant company and compliance requirements.
Inspection is conducted using predetermined methods and safe operating practices according to work order, manufacturer specifications and relevant company and compliance requirements, and findings are recorded.
Evidence of previous or present timber pest activity is collected according to relevant company and compliance requirements.
Requirements for further inspections are identified and recommended to client.
Analyse inspection data.
Where type of timber pest or identified timber pest activity is inconclusive, tests on evidence are conducted according to work order, manufacturer specifications and relevant company and compliance requirements.
Previous or current types of timber pests are identified according to company requirements and code of practice.
Extent and locations of timber pest infestations are determined using inspection data and test results.
Source of timber pests and conditions conducive to infestation are identified.
Previous, current and potential impacts of timber pest activity are estimated according to relevant company and compliance requirements.
Prepare and distribute inspection report.
Inspection report is prepared according to company requirements.
Report is presented according to work order and client and company requirements.
Report is distributed to relevant parties according to work order and client and company requirements.
Copy of inspection report is included with client records according to company requirements.