Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPSIS2001B, 'Prepare for work in the spatial information services industry'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare for work in the spatial information services industry' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Identify and apply industry information.
1.1 Legislation, procedural requirements and OHS issues relevant to employment in the SIS industry are assessed.
1.2 Key SIS organisations able to provide information and assistance to individuals and enterprises are identified.
1.3 Employee and employer rights and responsibilities are discussed and understood.
1.4 Skills and knowledge are updated to accommodate the vocational needs of the SIS sector.
2Identify future career opportunities.
2.1 Various vocational rolesand industry sectors within the SIS industry are identified.
2.2 Possible career directions in the SIS industry are discussed with appropriate persons.
2.3 Personal values and attitudes regarding work and business are taken into account when planning for future work/career directions.
2.4 Opportunities for vocational development are identified in consultation with appropriate persons.
3Access spatial information.
3.1 Significance of data capture and description of real world objects are identified.
3.2 Existing data sources are identified and researched for suitability.
3.3 Appropriate categories of data sources are selected and accessed.