Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPSIS5057, 'Conduct precision surveys'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct precision surveys' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Prepare for precision survey.
Project specifications, precision survey objectives, and accuracy requirements are identified in consultation with appropriate persons.
Risks are identified and controlled, and contingencies managed according to organisational requirements.
Specialised equipment and attachments for precise levelling and setting out are determined and selected according to project specifications.
Precise levelling run is carried out and results are calculated and recorded according to organisational requirements.
Apply techniques for precise setting out.
Applications of specialised surveying techniques used for precise setting out are determined according to project specifications.
Remote measuring systems to be used for industrial measurements are determined according to project specifications.
Set-out and observations are conducted according to project specifications, using instruments and attachments suitable for precise setting out.
Detect structural deflection and deformation.
Survey methods used to check horizontal movement of engineering structures and instruments used to monitor verticality of tall structures are determined.
Survey methods used to check vertical movement due to settlement of engineering structures caused by tunnelling and mining are determined.
Precision survey of an accuracy that will detect and monitor deformation or deflection of engineering structure is carried out according to project specifications.
Finalise precision survey.
Precision survey is finalised and checked according to project specifications and organisational requirements.
Appropriate persons are notified of survey results according to organisational requirements.
Survey documentation is completed and data archived according to organisational requirements.