Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPSPS3010, 'Sell swimming pool and spa products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Sell swimming pool and spa products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Apply knowledge of swimming pool and spa products and services.
Knowledge of the types, applications, features and benefits of swimming pool and spa products and services is demonstrated.
Personal swimming pool and spa product and service knowledge is developed.
Timing of customer approach is determined, taking into account customer and enterprise requirements.
Effective sales approach is applied.
Gather information on customer requirements.
Questioning techniques are applied to determine customer-buying motives.
Listening skills are used to determine customer requirements.
Customer non-verbal communication cues are interpreted and clarified.
Inform customer of benefits, features and safety requirements of swimming pool and spa products and services.
Customer needs are matched to appropriate products and services.
Features and benefits of product or service are clearly communicated to customer.
Swimming pool and spa product use and safety requirements are clearly communicated to customer.
Manufacturer and promotional information on swimming pool products and services is provided to customer.
Customer is referred to appropriate product and service specialists as required.
Customer questions about swimming pool and spa products and services are answered accurately and honestly, or referred to senior staff.
Customer buying signals are monitored, identified and responded to.
Customer objections are identified and acknowledged and solutions offered.
Customer is encouraged to make purchase decisions.
Appropriate method of closing sale is selected and applied.
Payment for swimming pool or spa product or service is processed using point-of-sale systems, as required.
Maximise sale opportunities.
Opportunities for making additional sales are identified and maximised.
Personal sales outcomes are reviewed to maximise future sales.